Thursday, October 10, 2019

Bad Seed

Bad Seed

Author: Jory John
Illustrator: Pete Oswald
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 40
Language: English
ISBN-10: 006246776X
ISBN-13: 978-0062467768
Date: 2017
Publisher: Harper Collins
Price: $11.73 (as of the time of this post)
Where to buy: Amazon


I believe in redemption. 
I think that it's too easy to judge people harshly over a long period of time based on a bad choice or two in the past. 

People can change, so can seeds evidently.

After a recent issue in my own offline life, where a chance at redemption was offered to a student that I work with, I walked into the library at my school this afternoon and see this book on the shelf...staring at me.

This is a wonderful book with a message that every child needs to hear.

You can do "bad" things but can still turn it around and become a better, if only slightly less "bad", person. If you can do that, who knows what you can become if you put in some effort.

We have the story of a sunflower seed gone "bad". It used to be good but outside forces and circumstances caused a shift of some kind, and like Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader,  he/she turns to the dark side.

Is there redemption for this unfortunate little seed? 

Yes, perhaps not total redemption, but a glimmer of hope for the future.

It is a message that every child should hear and the words by Mr. John and illustrations by Mr. Oswald make it a story that every child can access and connect with I think if given the chance. 

Hey, it moved me enough to write a post about it, my first in a long time.

Content: 5/5
Illustrations: 5/5
Concept: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Price: 5/5

No comments: